Remember when writing profiles about yourself was a cool thing to do? I did one a decade ago for graduating class in school and answered the field "What are you going to do next?" with "Web design or IT security I guess", but didn't expect both wishes to be granted...
In other words, I'm a Cyber Security Consultant now. This may or may not mean more #infosec content on here. Stay tuned!
Time for #introductions.
I'm a software engineer who went from backend to frontend development. I enjoy #lisp most, but have dabbled in too many to list. I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇷🇺. Things fascinating me:
Goodbye niu.moe, hello lonely.town. Follow me over at @wasamasa. I'll flip the account migration switch a bit later.
Fediverse meetup at #36c3 in workshop room 11. I want to meet all of you in exactly three hours, 12:00!
Another one of my CTF challenges went online, this time it's a file format reverse engineering task. 27 solves and a single support question so far. Fun fact: As awful as it is, the file format is not completely made up and based on something actually featured in a game.
It's on now. The first challenge happens to be one of mine, so go and check it out!
in related news, I can’t stop staring at this 1900 illustration of Baba Yaga by Ivan Bilibin. It’s so, so good
The web is full of surprising hacks, the "Cneonction" header is one of the more subtle ones: https://blog.eitanadler.com/2012/10/
Ratet wer sich unverhofft einen Vortrag im örtlichen Hackerspace eingeheimst hat...
Ganz genau, ich habe mich etwas zu voreilig gemeldet und werde am kommenden Donnerstag, den 28. November im @c4 zum Thema "State of Retro Gaming in Emacs" Dinge über Emulation von dem CHIP-8 erzählen: https://koeln.ccc.de/updates/2019-11-26_OC_State_of_Retro_Gaming_in_Emacs.html
Hacking industry: #Milipol Paris was yet another big surveillance industry success https://www.technologyreview.com/s/614755/champagne-shotguns-and-surveillance-at-spywares-grand-bazaar/ #NSOGroup #Staatstrojaner
Ah, a bluescreen, haven't had one of those in a long time. They've evolved since I've turned one into a 404 page on http://emacsninja.com/404 and now have a QR code. Perhaps an update to the design is needed...
This is the most cursed YouTube video I've seen in a while: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cre0in5n-1E
I eventually scripted the "port:70 70" query using Shodan's API, wrote lots of jq to select only the results looking like Gopher entries and wrote some more code to extract the URLs and banners from roughly 500 servers. Here's my favorite finds so far:
- gopher://b.bewo.pw <- "This site runs on a Beaglebone Black using a server written in assembly."
- gopher://taz.de <- bloat-free version of a certain German newspaper
- gopher://acm.umn.edu <- "If you came from the Sysadmin Wanted ad, look here"
- gopher://sandokan.tk <- A hacker fraternity hosting a single CVE exploit so far, hopefully more in the future
- gopher://gopher.su:70/1/weebshit <- Someone explaining how and why he put up manga, using sixel of all the things...
There's more of course, feel free to DM me for the full list. Discovering these makes me feel like in the early 2000's, when I've first encountered web portals and manually curated lists of websites.
The full movie list of the annual anime festival has been published, so it's time to pick the ones to watch on the big screen:
- ❌ Haikyuu!! 4 <- Sequel
- ❌ Haikyuu!! 3 <- Sequel
- ❌ Yowamushi Pedal <- Sequel
- ❌ Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Fine <- Sequel
- ❓ Birthday Wonderland <- Russian designs, looks like a tame version of Alice in Wonderland
- ❓ Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou <- Samurai, historical
- ❌ Free! Road to the World <- Sequel
- ❌ Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love Kingdom <- Sequel
- ❌ Gekijouban High School Fleet <- Sequel
- ❓ Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl <- Sequel, the only one I consider watching the TV show for
- ✅ Children of the Sea <- Studio 4C
- ❌ CENCOROLL CONNECT <- Sequel
One ticket I'll be getting for sure, can't decide on the second one.
Wildcard Consultant | Evil Emacser | Lisp Hacker | Infosec & Cryptography
Welcome to your niu world ! We are a cute and loving international community Ｏ(≧▽≦)Ｏ !