Don't open Show more
If you're an avid open-source user who would love to help advance a project, there's a lot you can contribute whether you can program or not:
Provide constructive feedback, file bug reports, improve the documentation or help out maintaining the web & social media presence. Spread the word and recommend the projects you love to others (btw, I run Arch 😂)
Say "thank you" and tell developers to "keep up the great work". That form of contribution means a lot more than you could possibly imagine.
Here's this motherfucker! Behold! Printf #Erlang style.
For those who aren't familiar with C, this code locks stdout then prints one character at a time during string formatting. This is NOT how you deal with I/O in a civilized world.
Erlang was a mistake.
8) Have a smart undetectable adblock, with whitelist for nice websites.
9) Notify how much specific tab uses RAM & CPU.
10) Optionally suspend tab if memory consumption is too high. Same with CPU load.
11) Have a feature where you can report websites that you're actually from a mobile phone, because sometimes desktop websites are sucks and you can't switch to mobile easily.
12) Prevent fingerprinting by randomizing non-harmful properties.
Sometimes I dream about browser, which:
1) Will report random useragent from predefined ones or generated.
2) Will report that we accepted fucking push notifications, but actually ignored silently.
3) Have a "press to remove element" feature, without these heavy debugging stuff in inspectors.
4) Have muted audio by default.
5) Will ask to download video first or pipe somehow to external video player, instead of autoplaying.
6) Allow obfuscated js only by request.
7) Allow WebGL only by request.