"please pick a language" #uxfail
I really love reactive and declarative syntax. This snippet of code does 7 things:
1. Downloads a page from a paging API
2. Serializes the body
3. Saves the link to the next page
4. Takes the body and creates a stream of multiple list items
5. Maps each of those items to database entities
6. Saves all of those to a database
7. Waits for everything to complete, all without blocking any threads, before handling the next page
I got really bored so I wrote a simple dithering tool in Kotlin. It is surprising how little loss you get when reducing an image to 8 colors. Source code: https://gist.github.com/Frederikam/115a15450bec82720d3bb5a70b5ceefd
21 y/o studying Software Engineering and the creator of FredBoat. Mostly self-taught.
Welcome to my dump of assorted thoughts.
We are a cute and loving international community Ｏ(≧▽≦)Ｏ !