@dctewi Good luck. <3
I hope that Mastodon has a "retoot with comment" feature.
And I forgot this:
- "Delete and re-draft" feature. (MAIN advantage)
- "Who can see this Toot" feature.
In a word, Mastodon is awesome but I would like to be activate in Twitter due to the reasons mentioned above. :blobcatsadreach:
I really hate this because I regard my phone number as the private thing which is only used in real life.
- Mastodon is open-source, it's a #FOSS.
- Mastodon doesn't have annoying advertisement, while Twitter keeps recommending something I'm not interested to me although I click the "see less often" button. (MAIN advantage)
- Mastodon is decentralizational.
- Characters limitations reaches 500. Yeah, I'd love to talk a lot.
- Profile metadata feature.
- Contents warning feature.
But Mastodon is still better than Twitter in some aspects, which makes me in a dilemma while choosing between Twitter and Mastodon.
- All you need to register a new account is an email (MAIN advantage). Some websites require your phone number during registration, such as #Google, #Telegram and nearly all websites in Mainland China.
Sorry, I won't be active on #Niu, #Mastodon. Here are the reasons.
- User base (MAIN REASON). I'm following many accounts on #Twitter, most are official accounts of all kinds of organizations, such as #Ubuntu, #SekaiProject, etc. Most of them don't have Mastodon accounts. Besides, my Tweets may be seen by more people in Twitter than that in Mastodon.
- Full-text searching feature is missing.
- The horizontal scrolling is too sensitive in mobile phone web version. (not the main reason)
I have been playing #Minecraft in a half-private Hong Kong server since I bought the game several days ago.
@tykayn But I can still encrypt the data before uploading it to the cloud. 😜
Is that really a marketing video for... a Terminal? WOW https://youtu.be/8gw0rXPMMPE
I wish to go to Japan for a trip some day when I:
* improve my Japanese skill to JLPT N2 or better
* earn enough money (I'll graduate from university in June)
When that day come, I will try to visit these places:
* Akihabara, the heaven of otakus. I'm going to buy some visual novel games and go to the maid cafe.
* Shirakawa, which is the base of Higurashi When They Cry.
* Okinawa (may be the 2nd trip because it is far away from Tokyo)
OK, I'll try my best to achieve this dream!