Sorry, I won't be active on #Niu, #Mastodon. Here are the reasons.
- User base (MAIN REASON). I'm following many accounts on #Twitter, most are official accounts of all kinds of organizations, such as #Ubuntu, #SekaiProject, etc. Most of them don't have Mastodon accounts. Besides, my Tweets may be seen by more people in Twitter than that in Mastodon.
- Full-text searching feature is missing.
- The horizontal scrolling is too sensitive in mobile phone web version. (not the main reason)
But Mastodon is still better than Twitter in some aspects, which makes me in a dilemma while choosing between Twitter and Mastodon.
- All you need to register a new account is an email (MAIN advantage). Some websites require your phone number during registration, such as #Google, #Telegram and nearly all websites in Mainland China.
I really hate this because I regard my phone number as the private thing which is only used in real life.
- Mastodon is open-source, it's a #FOSS.
- Mastodon doesn't have annoying advertisement, while Twitter keeps recommending something I'm not interested to me although I click the "see less often" button. (MAIN advantage)
- Mastodon is decentralizational.
- Characters limitations reaches 500. Yeah, I'd love to talk a lot.
- Profile metadata feature.
- Contents warning feature.
I hope that Mastodon has a "retoot with comment" feature.
And I forgot this:
- "Delete and re-draft" feature. (MAIN advantage)
Welcome to your niu world ! We are a cute and loving international community Ｏ(≧▽≦)Ｏ !